Today we’re announcing the availability of BIM 360 Cost Management API as public beta.
BIM 360 Cost Management API (Cost API for short) provides full read/write access to the data stored in BIM 360 Cost Management module, which that allows you to manage cost and budget changes to your projects. You can access budgets, contracts and change orders information through the API.
Using the Cost API, you can:
- Read, create, update and import (i.e., bulk create) budget items.
- Read, create, and update contract packages.
- Read, create, and update change orders and cost items.
- Upload and download attachments to a budget, contract, change order, and cost item.
- Download documents or file packages generated from change orders and contracts.
Using API, for example, you can extract budgets data to export to external system and import back to the BIM 360 Cost module.
For information about the product features, see the BIM 360 Cost Management help documentation.
For more information about the Cost API, please check out the official API documentation on forge developer portal. The tutorial section will be a good starting point to understand how Cost API works.
Code Samples on GitHub:
- Postman Collection
- Export/import cost data to/from csv
- Integration with quantity calculation (Integration with Viewer and Design Automation)
Recordings and Presentations:
- AU/DevCon Las Vegas 2019, "BIM 360 API Updates" -- (34:38~ ) high-level intro to the Cost API. (40:15~ ) partner applications.
- Sigma Estimate -- integration with estimation software
- RHUMBIX -- time and material tracking mobile and web app
- boomi -- SAP/ERP data connector
Regarding two GitHub samples, their author, Zhong Wu, is planing to make bog post with more detailed information in coming days. Stay tuned for more blog posts by him to follow.
If you have questions, feel free to ask question through our normal forge support channel: