The first Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC) specific API, Forms API, has been released as public beta!
Forms is one of modules in Autodesk Build. It allows your team to securely fill out, review, and manage project forms, in a format of checklist fields. The template can be a web form defined by template builder, or from a pdf file with smart fields. The contributors create form with the template and input their answer, options, notes, signatures etc. The form will be submitted finally for reviewers to review. Check product help for details.
In this release, two read endpoints are provided:
- GET form-templates
- This endpoint returns all the templates data, including ones in folders.
- It tells the template types such as quality, safety, daily-log, time sheet
- If it is pdf template, signed-url will be available to download the source template pdf file.
- GET forms
- This endpoint returns all forms, including pdf form and web form.
- For pdf forms, pdfValues array are the input values of the smart fields.
- For web forms, customValues array are the input values of the defined fields. Each type of value will go with corresponding json value, other value types will be null.
- For common forms, Equipment/Material/Worklog are grouped at tabularValues array.
- To use Forms API, which is ACC specific API, you will need to include ACC API category when generating Client ID in Create App page. See this blog post for more detail about new ACC specific API category.
- Forms API supports 3-legged authentication only.
- The accessibility of data for the templates/forms follows the permissions of contributors/reviewers when template is defined.
- References of Form or attachments of Form Field can be achieved by Relationship API.
- Currently read-only.
- If it is a web form, no fields definitions yet with GET:Forms.
- Current API does not tell the data about Contributor Collaboration.
- Get templates API tells the permissions in group id or user id, but because Administration API or Project API of ACC have not been exposed, it is not possible to know more details of the group/user right now.
For more information about the Forms API, please check out the official API documentation on Forge developer portal. The tutorial section will be a good starting point to understand how Forms API works.
Code Samples on GitHub:
This is the beginning of new ACC specific API. Stay tuned for more ACC API to follow! If you have questions and feedback, do not hesitate to ask through our forge support channel.