We are pleased to inform you about the availability of a long-awaited GET Project Users BIM 360 Admin API as public beta. This has been one of highly demanded features as this has a few different use cases, such as assigning an issue in various BIM 360 modules as well as project administration purposes.
You can find the reference guide at the following links.
A few points to note as the product team is finalizing the documentation.
- Base url is https://developer.api.autodesk.com/bim360/admin/v1/
(The previously, https://developer.api.autodesk.com/hq/v1/) This is an intentional change to make it clear about the semantics of naming in the endpoint. We can expect that admin related APIs released in future will have this based url.
- No separate endpoint for each region. You have an option to specify "Region" in the header that may improve the look up speed. (previously, https://developer.api.autodesk.com/hq/v1/ for U.S.
https://developer.api.autodesk.com/hq/v1/regions/eu/ for EU )
- URL parameter ProjectId can be with and without “b.” prefix. (no more banging head due to inconsistency for this one :-)
- 3-legged and 2-legged with/without impersonation (or “User-Id” in the header) are supported.
- These two end points are accessible among project members while used in user context and not limited to admin users. (e.g., to support the use case scenario like assigning an issue.)
- You will still need to choose “Account Admin” in provisioning page to access this API. (BIM 360 Account Admin >> Settings >> Custom Integrations).
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us through our normal Forge support channel.